Application Engineer (f/m/d) - New Products
The listed Japanese MinebeaMitsumi Group with its approximately 100,000 employees in 90 globally operating companies is a manufacturer of components for a wide range of applications used in the production of motor vehicles, in aerospace, medical technology, in the IoT sector and in other industries. NMB-Minebea-GmbH in Langen near Frankfurt a.M. with its approx. 200 employees is the sales headquarter of the MinebeaMitsumi Group in Europe, in addition to the sales locations NMB-Minebea U.K. Ltd, NMB Italia S.r.L. and NMB-Minebea S.a.r.l. (France).
We are looking for an Application Engineer (f/m/d) - New Products for our European Smart Solutions Department in Langen:
Your responsibilities will be:
- Broad concept design of new products.
- Checking customer specifications for technical feasibility in cooperation with local colleagues and R&D in Japan.
- Creation of feasibility skectches using CAD systems (Solidworrks).
- Creation of 3D prints from those sketches.
- Electronic circuit design, including MicroControllers.
- Programming microcontrollers.
- Creation of test instructions and reports for the qualification of the related new products.
- Clarifying the conditions of use and customer requirements.
- Technical assistance in the sale of the new products
- Technical support for customers, sales engineers and Business Units
- Close cooperation with the engineers of our European customers
- Maintain proficient level of product knowledge and application.
- Maintain accurate records of the evolution of the product design.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and correspondence.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Provide status updates of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and maintain fine detail.
- Maintain high knowledge on industry trends, training opportunities, and forecasts.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Standards and Norms
What we are looking for:
- Diploma in engineering (mechanical, electrical or electromechanical) or a comparable technical course
- Reading and understand electronic circuits
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- Good handwork skills
- Basic understanding about mechanical designs (gears/transmission, bearing, material knowledge etc.)
- Conscientious, precise and independent way of working
- Good CAD knowledge (eg. Solidworks)
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Prepared to travel within Europe, and beyond